Managing Director-Austin Austin, TX
JOB TITLE: Managing Director
The Managing Director is responsible for executing and driving activities in the Austin market. Responsibilities will include new client development, client expansion, expansion of partner relationships, nurturing key market relationships, participating in strategic planning for increasing company visibility in the market, and participating in associations and events.
JOB DUTIES: Activities Estimated % of time dedicated Business Development Support
- Lead business development efforts for the Austin metropolitan area
- Pursue and develop new client prospect leads
- Represent vcfo on sales calls, development of proposals and closing new client business
- Assist as needed with the development and presentation of solution-oriented client proposals in support of the VP
- Participate in regular client touch and quality meetings
- Participate in strategic planning to expand the Austin market with a focus on initiatives to reach ICPs. Deliver on revenue and contribution margin commitments for the market.
- Work under the direction of the VPCT to support vcfo’s growth strategy in the region.
- Represent company with key professional associations, lead networking and various business community events
- Grow and cultivate a robust partner network
- Adhere to client Quality Program guidelines for all clients
- Oversee team of Consulting CFOs and Sr. Consultants and collaborate with Director of Operations, who manages the remaining consultants (Sr. Controllers, Controllers, Assistant Controllers and HR Consultants)
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, coach Consultants on how to expand engagements and maintain the quality-of-service delivery by adhering to vcfo’s quality program.
- Effectively manage revenues and contribution margin to meet corporate and market financial objectives, focused on quality delivery, along with total revenue growth and profitability by project
- Partner with VP on regional marketing objectives
- Utilize BI and KPIs to deliver on objectives and drive improvement and efficiency
- Occasionally may be called on to participate in limited client service delivery at the CFO level, as needed.
- 15+ years of accounting and finance experience in high growth and middle-market growth companies
- 7+ years of CFO experience in 5-300M revenue companies; some COO experience may be considered as part of CFO requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; CPA, even if presently inactive, and MBA a plus
- Technically proficient financial professional
- Demonstrated adherence to our values
- Demonstrable, successful experience and expertise in Business Development activities (this could be within their company or their personal life – not likely to have been a BD person.)
- Results oriented business leader with strong leadership
- Only local candidates considered
- Established network within the local legal, financial, and business community
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- CPA preferred
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Established network within private equity and investment banking
- Proven track record developing business, preferably in professional services
- Turnaround, capital raising, M&A experience