Sr. People Operations/HR Consultant-Denver Denver, Colorado
Senior People Operations/Human Resource Consultant
vcfo provides an integrated suite of Finance and Human Resources support, to improve operational performance and optimize productivity for our clients. Founded in 1996, vcfo pioneered the concept of the “Virtual CFO” with its original core offering of fractional or part-time CFO solutions. For over 25 years, we have worked with more than 5,000 clients, evolving our service offerings and geographical footprint to meet new industry and market needs—expanding what we offer, the value we provide and the way we deliver it. At vcfo, our mission is always to make our clients stronger.
vcfo is seeking a Senior People Operations/Human Resource Consultant
We are growing and adding a highly experienced Senior People Operations/Human Resource Consultant to our team in Denver. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference working on multiple small to mid-sized client companies($5-100M), being a part of a collaborative organization and working in a variable hours environment. If this structure sounds like something you would enjoy, there is no better team to join than vcfo.
If you are an action-oriented and collaborative decision maker, that works harmoniously with the team, is patient, confident, takes initiative, and responds positively to pressure, then this position is right for you.
What does this role look like? You will join client HR teams and oversee significant human resource initiatives. Our Sr. People Ops/HR Consultants usually work with each client 1-2 days a week and serve on the leadership team of 2 or 3 clients at once.
You will also participate as well in appropriate market networking activities such as meetings between our staff and the staff of a partner firm or attending an event to represent vcfo. Your Managing Director will work with you to develop select key networking and partner relationships in the Denver market. You will be asked to help your MD stay in touch with these HR oriented market partners and keep them apprised of vcfo’s presence. While we do ask that our team members participate in building relationships with others in the market, you are not required to bring in client business. You will be compensated with a commission when you do.
- Recommend, manage, lead and execute on a wide variety of Human Resource programs from highly strategic to day-to-day tactical
- Conduct assessments of existing HR programs and recommend, develop and administer best practice programs to close any gaps
- Design and/or administer employee benefit programs
- Provide guidance and leadership in the selection and implementation of HRIS software as required to support human resources operations
- Develop and roll out employee performance management programs
- Manage employee relations
- Develop employee communication plans
- Provide executive and employee coaching
- FLSA related compliance and testing
- Analyze situations, identify needs, and provide multiple creative solutions and follow through to completion.
Requirements – Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a HR business partner or HR manager role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Experience in varied industries
- Confidence and comfort navigating within an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to handle multiple strategic priorities while simultaneously managing day-to-day tactical details.
- Be highly ethical and maintain confidentiality.
As a Senior People Operations/Human Resource Consultant for vcfo, you will serve as a respected and trusted advisor to our clients. Our culture supports diversity, giving every employee a voice, and we band together to give back to the community through our vcfo gives™ program. Our employees have opportunities to work alongside the best in the business and increase their knowledge through work with varied clients and projects, while enjoying flexibility for quality work/life balance.
- Competitive hourly rates plus commissions
- Company paid employee medical, dental, vision insurance
- 2% match to 401k contributions
- Company paid ST/LT disability and life insurance
- Paid Time Off and company holidays
Hourly pay between $55-70
vcfo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.