CFO Houston, TX
Are you ready to help us make the future?
vcfo is partnering with a company in Houston, TX in search of a CFO. Join a newly reformed team and embark on an exciting journey to design and develop novel AI derived cloud, mobile and IoT systems, for deployment in Transportation and Logistics sectors all around North America. You will recruit, develop and lead a performant team of accounting, finance, planning, treasury, analytic functions. As CFO you are a strong analytical, strategic planner with strong communication acumen, including an ability to be the CEO’s trusted partner, in parallel with board members and other Senior Leadership. The role of CFO goes well beyond managing the company’s finances and operations; they will clear a path for growth, form new relationships, drive measurable value, and establish core financial processes and reporting requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Advise and act as a strategic partner and active participant in shaping strategy of the company
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Critique of strategic choices including cost-benefit analysis of strategic choices
- Leading role in communications with private equity group
- Leading role in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) activity
Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Define KPIs and tracking
- Implement and own goal/objective tracking and reporting process
- Own analytics across entire company
Own forecasting, budget setting and reporting processes
- Responsible for performance measurement and analysis including interpreting data and metrics
- High-level financial planning and modeling
- Perform impact analysis and scenario modeling
Lead Corporate Governance and Management
- Ownership of banking relationships and optimization of cash flow
- Oversight of company spending/expense management
- Responsible for investor relations
- Oversight of audit/business risk management including management of legal counsel
- Management for non-marketing/tech vendors and contract management
YOU MUST HAVE
- 15 years of senior financial and operational experience in a SaaS based software company, including a broad mix of start-up to larger, matrix organizations (private equity or venture-backed a plus). Preferably within the Transportation, Logistics and Supply Chain industry
- BS or BA, required in Business Management, Finance or related field; MBA and/or CPA required
- Collaborative nature as demonstrated by management experience across multiple departments and disciplines
- Proven strategic thinker and problem solver when it comes to competitive strategy, business models and resource allocation
- A “player-coach” who can both manage teams and get into the weeds when necessary
- Understand and deal with complex accounting issues, including those unique to a retail business and an online presence
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven mindset
- Track record of building and developing strong teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency: nothing in the universe will get in the way of delivering your goals
- Excellent communication and people skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
- At a personal and interpersonal level, we are looking for individuals who thrive and excel in teams and demonstrate Big-picture thinking, willingness to explore new avenues, be persistent when things don’t go well and be committed to delivering and maintaining a high “Do/Say” ratio.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written at technical and management level are key to success.
- Ability to communicate with customers to understand and document the simulation requirements, then ideate, plan, develop and deliver simulation tools are required.
- Skill and ability to: collect, curate, organize, synthesize and/or analyze data to summarize findings and develop conclusions and evidence-based recommendations essential.
- Category: CFP&A
- Location: Houston, Texas
vcfo is a national search and staffing firm offering customized solutions to our clients and professional representation of our candidates. Qualified candidates will be contacted and screened before being submitted to any of our client companies. vcfo has offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Denver.
For more information on vcfo services and current openings visit our website at www.vcfo.com