CFO Dallas, Texas
Since their first worship service over 45 years ago on a college campus, our client has been influential in changing the lives of people and having a positive impact on the community. There is now a unique opportunity for a purpose driven CFO to join their executive team.
This full-time position in south Dallas will oversee Finance and Accounting, drive change within the organization through robust financial analysis and strong business partnerships. The CFO must demonstrate proven ability to develop models and conduct analysis that identify critical trends, support strategic making decisions, and create forward visibility.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement the fundraising strategy for the Church.
- Direct the overall financial plans and accounting practices for the Church and its entities.
- Manage the financial performance by developing forecasts, budgets, and monitoring ongoing performance against plan.
- Fiduciary responsibility for the financial health of the organizations.
- Ensure proper and timely financial and tax accounting in accordance with GAAP and IRS rules.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organizations liabilities and investments and manage cash flow.
- Oversee annual audits on time with minimal or no adjustments.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard assets.
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Control and evaluate the organizations capital structure.
- Manage finance partner relationships.
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports and provide forward looking analytical leadership.
- Manage the production of reporting tools and key performance metrics to provide senior leadership insight into revenue and operating expense trends, track spending, and potential risk/opportunities to forecast or plan.
To be considered, you must have:
- BS/BA Accounting, Finance, or relevant field; MBA is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years experience in executive leadership positions. Proven experience as a CFO.
- CPA is a strong advantage. Exceptional knowledge with GAAP (General Accounting Principles).
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Has a passion to make more and better disciples in church environment.
- Able to motivate others through vision and relationships.